STORY, New York’s ever-changing concept store, unveils “Beauty STORY,” its 35th installation, produced in partnership with Coty, one of the world’s leading beauty companies with a mission to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. Beauty STORY, which will be open September 7th through October 8th, explores how beauty has become the next canvas for inclusive self-expression. The bold conversation is led by Coty brands including COVERGIRL, Sally Hansen, Rimmel, and Clairol, which are joined by a curated mix of experts such as Space NK founder Nicky Kinnaird, Heyday, the customized facial shop and innovative tech partnerPerfect Corp, and creative upstart. To visualize the beauty of diversity, STORY turns to Instagram artist Adam Hillman (@Witenry), whose eclectic arrangement of everyday objects drives the store’s design narrative. STORY brings some of its favorite exclusives to life in themed statements, from Sleep essentials inspired by Smart Nora to Phlur fragrances and candles – offline at STORY for the first time!
Self-expression is the dominant thread of Beauty STORY that comes to life through a series of irresistibly shareable brand-driven activations, incentivized through social currency. Every time guests engage, experiment, and share their experience with each brand, they earn complimentary Coty products.
● Coty + YouCam AR Makeup Mirror: Perfect Corps YouCam AR app empowers guests to try on and share out their most experimental looks without lifting a finger or makeup brush. Experience Coty’s latest product offerings from COVERGIRL, Rimmel, and Clairol, together in a new way!
● COVERGIRL + A1-Array 3D Photo Booth: Capture the transformational power of COVERGIRL makeup in a next-gen photo experience developed by Super A-OK with the debut of the A1 Array Portrait Studio.
● Clairol + Perch Interactive: Clairol’s colorful content comes to life through a Perch Interactive touch-capacitive retail display system. Discover how Clairol can brighten their day with its Color Crave range of temporary and semi-permanent bold and pastel shades, by simply picking up a product.
● Rimmel + Vengo Labs: Rimmel inspires guests to explore their edgier selves, taking inspiration from street beauty and offering product from a Vengo Labs digital vending machine for those who pose for a photo against an artful in-store backdrop. Guests who pose will receive a complimentary Rimmel product.
● Sally Hansen + DIY Nail Studio: Be a Nail Artist and try your hand at different looks through our DIY Nail Studio. Bright, bold, or barely there – no appointment necessary.
The store’s forward-thinking lens is further expressed through the curatorial eye of Nicky Kinnaird – the innovative founder of prestige beauty destination Space NK. Now a principal at growth-focused beauty investment firm Ancora Holdings, Nicky introduces her best-loved brands, from design-minded scent house Byredo, wellness wonder serum Vintner’s Daughter, and medical-grade skincare solutions from Dr. Colbertand Dr. Sturm.
STORY continues to do its part to bring buzzworthy beauty start-ups to the table, with Beauty STORY playing host for new product launches, exclusive beauty treatments and cutting-edge technologies.
· Heyday Facials – The one-stop skincare shop co-founded by Adam Ross and Michael Pollak pops-in at Beauty STORY for the first time and will offer complimentary skin consultations and 30-minute facials.
· One Two Lash – Invented by Katy Stoka, the world’s first and only patent-pending magnetic false lash. No glue, no mess, all glam!
· Phlur: Fragrance reimagined. Beauty STORY highlights new candle range from this direct to consumer fragrance startup that’s disrupting how we experience scents.
· Recliner – the online luxury pajama destination comes to STORY for an offline appearance! Experience favorites from both the silk and cotton collections.
· Smart Nora – the first contact free smart snoring solution. (exclusive US launch)
· Shhh Silk – 100% silk sleep must-have fresh from Australia. Only at STORY
The merchandise included in Beauty STORY was chosen to empower individual expression and inspire discovery of the industry’s increasing diversity. Topics of conversation range from sleep-focused products to all-natural offerings from Indie Lee. Innovative inventions likeSimpleHuman’s smart magnifying mirror And because all anyone can talk about right now is masks, STORY has stocked up on K-Beauty favorites like Patchology and Starskin Beauty.
Beauty Pit Stop: NYFW is a go-go-skincare-no. STORY sets up a daily beauty pit stop where New Yorkers can get a touch-up and pick up complimentary Coty products to keep them looking peak Instagram bait.
Rimmel Makeup Touchups: Edge your look with the expertise of professional Makeup artists on-site offering street art-inspired makeup tutorials and touchups. Saturday, September 9th – 12pm – 8pm (TBC pending artist)
Sally Hansen Manicure Station: Our Nail Artist in residence points a finger at the trends and offers on-site manicures highlight the season’s must-have hues. Sunday, September 10th – 11am – 7pm
COVERGIRL Superpowered Touchups: COVERGIRL believes makeup is your superpower. Make-up artists pop-in to deliver trend-driven transformations highlighting the season’s must-have makeup looks. Andrew Sotomayor – 4p – 8p Thursday, September 14th
Beauty Chef: Creating formulations that nourish the skin from the outside in to reveal holistic radiance.
Byredo: Design-minded scents from Sweden known. Innovative application meet minimalist scent stories in this cult brand.
Diptyque: Essential scents from this storied French perfume house – a perennial must-have for the modern aesthete.
Dr Colbert: The Dr. is in with favorites from NYC’s top dermatologist.
Nannette de Gaspe: wearable technology meets luxury cosmetics with her range of restorative techstile™ masks
Nailmatic Kids – gentle kids nail varnishes that can be removed with soapy water.
144 Tenth Avenue on the southeast corner at 19th Street Phone: 212-242-4853
Monday – Wednesday: 11am-8pm, Thursday: 11am-9pm, Friday – Saturday: 11am – 8pm, Sunday: 11am – 7pm
STORY is a retail concept based in Manhattan that blurs the lines between retail and media through an innovative, change-based model. Envisioned by founder Rachel Shechtman as a living magazine, the 2000-square-foot shop located on 10th Ave in Chelsea takes the editorial viewpoint of a magazine, changes like a gallery, and sells things like a store. Since opening, it has presented 34 unique merchandise installations including Making Things, Style.Tech, and Home for the Holidays, and worked with partners including General Electric, Intel, and Target to bring each concept to life. Looked to as an industry innovator, STORY has been featured in the New York Times, Ad Age, and named one of New York’s top shops by Time Out. On its behalf, Shechtman has been named to the Crain’s NY “40 Under 40” List, Fast Company’s list of “100 Most Creative People in Business.”
Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, with a purpose to celebrate and liberate the diversity of consumers’ beauty. Its strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands. Coty is the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics. Coty operates three divisions – Consumer Beauty, which is focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel; Luxury, which is focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy; and Professional Beauty, which is focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail, with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd. Coty has approximately 20,000 colleagues globally and its products are sold in over 130 countries. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.