Source British is a new tradeshow taking place alongside shows like Capsule, ALT, Transit, Curve, Coeur, and AXIS during L.A. Fashion Market in the Penthouse at the California Market Center (CMC), 13-14 March 2017. For the first time ever, British made and designed brands have their own edited space during this long standing event, across categories including apparel, footwear, crafts, accessories, home and gifts. “The CMC is excited to host Source British, and honored to present the industry with the U.S.’s first tradeshow dedicated to British brands. Source British will join our established shows helping to further position the CMC as a prominent destination for premier fashion and lifestyle brands in Los Angeles,” said Joanne Lee, Senior Vice President of Tradeshows & Marketing at the CMC. “British design and craftsmanship have long been revered by US buyers. With Source British in Los Angeles, West Coast buyers are being offered the extraordinary opportunity to explore Britain’s top brands in one convenient LA Market trip.”
The tradeshow is divided into focused areas that are set to create a quintessential British experience.
· The home, gift and craft area: some brands exhibiting include Animo Glass, Carola Van Dyke, Chunki Chilli, D R Harris and Co, Melt England, Nutscene, Teddy Maximus, Schokolat, Paperboy London, Tomcat Cards, Twiguk, Emma’s Soap, Nathalie Bond Organics, Equi-Scuto, Lizzie Kershaw, Junction Eighteen, Jamali Annay, Molly Mac Living, and Love Jars.
· The fashion, footwear and accessories area: some brands exhibiting include Karen Gold, A Post Card from Brighton, Novelette Novalis, Fonz Leathers, Wolfram Lohr, Glen Appin of Scotland, Nadia Minkoff, The Leather Satchel Company, Amanda Coleman Jewellery, Carlton London, David Hampton, Peak & Brim Designer Hats, Stargem, Lucy Sylvester Jewellery, Hedon, Attune, and Roy Lowe & Sons.
· The Trend Council pavilion, with curated designers that include brands like Sherene Melinda, Orla Kiely, Something Wicked, Satanic Mill, and Exofitness London.
· The Sipsmith Gin Palace, where you can sample the finest British gin away from the hustle and bustle of the market.
· A British Tea Room, where attendees can taste a traditional British spread.
· Trend Council demonstration area where registered attendees can attend focused trend forecasting sessions on both days. The forecasting sessions are designed for buyers and exhibitors to identify trends that will shape retail in the upcoming season, outlining must-have colors, patterns, and key items.
Source British was founded in 2016 by Olivett Asare and is backed by Upper Street Events Ltd., a leading U.K.-based events company since 1987. Upper Street Events creates and organizes 17 major innovative, premium, and stylish annual events, with two launches in progress and an exciting acquisition list in consideration, attracting over 400,000 visitors annually. “We are very excited to be bringing the U.S. our great brands from Great Britain,” says Olivett Asare. “Registered attendees of the Source British event will have access to exclusive British brands and an authentic British experience.”
To register to attend Source British or the Trend Council’s Trend Forecasting presentations, please visit www.sourcebritish.com.