Firmenich proudly announces the launch of its 2017 Collection of Sharing Innovation ingredients, unveiled during the SIMPPAR exhibition last week in Paris. This year’s range showcases the company’s leadership in Natural mint, as well as its world class research. It includes cutting-edge natural mint tonalities, developed with the Group’s Joint Venture partner, Essex Laboratories, and a suite of iconic synthetic ingredients, cornerstones of perfumery creation. Firmenich initiated its Sharing Innovation program in 2011 to offer its customers access to a select range of signature ingredients from its palette, the broadest and finest in the industry.
“Each year our goal is to inspire the industry with our best-in-class ingredients by opening up our palette to our customers,” says Julien Firmenich, VP Sales, Ingredients, Firmenich. “I am very proud that our 2017 collection highlights our new mint tonalities developed with our JV partner Essex Laboratories, as well as a selection of some of our most successful iconic molecules.”
This year’s Sharing Innovation Collection 2017 features seven ingredients.
Three Unique Natural Mints:
- MINT ESSENCE PIPERITA: A pure and delightful piperita profile, this mint is crafted from proprietary and unique ingredients. This essence is designed around a core of non-traditional natural mints laced with hay and subtle floral accents. This cost-effective treasure will inspire unique formulations.
- MINT PIPERITA EO CASCADE: Made possible through the expertise of our botanical specialists, this essential oil is round, full-bodied and intense. With medium menthol content, this variety is designed to enhance both fresh and aromatic herbal notes of hay, gently wrapped with hints of lactonic and floral notes.
- MINT PIPERITA EO BOULDER: One of our most recent creations, this exceptional variety was first a success in tea applications. Beaming with unique and intense mint facets, this slightly herbal essential oil blends camphor notes with fruity aspects and coconut.
Four Iconic Synthetic Ingredients:
- FRUCTALATE®: A bright fruity, raspberry apple note which provides incredible volume to perfume compositions. FRUCTALATE® shows remarkable boosting performance, long lastingness and a fruity lift. Very stable, it is the ultimate fruity enhancer in all types of applications.
- HELVETOLIDE®: Known as the “The House of Muscs” Firmenich has fostered innovations in this important family of molecules for a hundred years. Developed in Switzerland (Helvetia) and launched in 1995, HELVETOLIDE® offers exceptional volatile pear-like facets and smooth ambrette undertones in all applications. Its unexpected volume and richness propelled HELVETOLIDE® as a cornerstone of perfumery creation.
- NEOBUTENONE® ALPHA: Green, fruity, floral and extremely powerful, NEOBUTENONE® ALPHA is the purest expression of a classic green, galbanum-type note. “Best-in-class” of its family, versatile and diffusive, it is used in all types of perfumes and applications to give unique fresh, green, floral and fruity effects.
- WARDIA® BM: Exceptionally rich and powdery, this rose specialty is also intoxicatingly heady. Its balanced composition and unique signature delivers elegance in every perfumery application. Its outstanding performance fosters creativity and provides all the rewards of rose character to modern compositions. Thanks to its many facets, WARDIA® BM can deliver breathtaking olfactive emotions when associated with Oud.
For additional information on Sharing Innovation, please visit our website here.